This is a guide on how to install the Windows 10 operating system on a computer or laptop. Windows is an operating system from Microsoft that invites a lot of attention, especially for computer users.
Many have upgraded from the old Windows operating system to the latest Windows, namely Windows 10. This is very reasonable because the interface of Windows 10 is very elegant and modern.
The appearance of Windows 10 is a combination of Windows 7 and Windows 8. Installing it is almost the same as installing Windows 7 and 8. It is recommended to read this tutorial carefully so that there are no problems during the Windows 10 installation process.
Before installing Windows 10, there are 2 things that you must pay attention to, including the following:
1. Prepare the Windows 10 installer DVD first, because in this tutorial we use a DVD as installation media.
2. In order to boot from the DVD for the first time, please first set the boot device priority in the BIOS menu. If you install on a laptop, make sure your laptop battery is still fully charged, if it’s left below 50%, immediately charge it. Because the installation process takes a long time.
BIOS settings to boot from DVD
BIOS settings first so that the first boot is done from the DVD. Because the default computer or laptop boots from the hard disk first, then you have to replace it in the following way:
1. Turn on the computer or laptop that you will install Windows 10 on. After that, press the DEL (Delete) key repeatedly until the BIOS display appears as shown below. Not all computers or laptops use the DEL key to enter the BIOS menu, there are some of the most commonly used keys, such as the F1, F2, or Fn+F2 keys depending on the default computer or laptop. Then move to the Boot tab using the key ◄ ►
2. The Hard Drive or HDD is at the top, it indicates that the first time booting is done from the HDD.
3. So that the first boot is done from a DVD or Flashdisk, then please select the CD-ROM Drive / USB Flashdisk then slide it using the + / – button until it is at the top as shown in the following image.
4. Don’t forget to insert the Windows 10 installer DVD into the DVDROM, then save the results of your BIOS settings by pressing the F10 key, then selecting Yes.
After successfully setting the BIOS to boot from the DVD the first time, here are the steps to install Windows 10:
1. Please press any key to start the Windows 10 installation. Suppose you are confronted again with a display like this in the middle of the installation process, do not press any button, because you will be taken back to the initial installation process when you do this.
2. Select Indonesian (Indonesia) in the Time and currency format settings, for others such as Language to install and Keyboard or input method leave the default.
3. Next select the Install now button
4. Then tick I accept the license terms, then select the Next button to continue.
5. In the following steps, select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
6. Suppose you want to re-install or upgrade or downgrade from your old Windows operating system to Windows 10, just delete Drive 0 Partition 2 (partition C:) and Drive 0 Partition 1: System Reserved, later automatically, both partitions that you delete to Unallocated Space (not yet partitioned).
Next, please create a new partition again and make Drive 0 Partition 2 the installation location, then select the Next button to continue. That way, the data on other partitions remains safe and not deleted. For more details, see the following gif image:
For those of you who want to reinstall or upgrade or downgrade from your old Windows operating system to Windows 10, then please skip steps 7-11. And for those of you whose HDD is still empty, smooth, or who have never been installed with a Windows operating system before, please skip this step number 6.
7. As you can see in the following picture that the HDD space is still empty (Unallocated Space). For that, you have to partition it. For the number of partitions, it can be 2 or more, according to your wishes.
8. Please select Drive 0 Unallocated Space > New, then specify the size of the partition, then select the Apply button. The size is not too much and not too little either. For example, if your HDD size is 320GB / 500GB, just giving 100GB is enough, because the first partition you created is a partition on the system (Partition C:).
9. Select the OK button to create a system reserved partition.
10. Please create 1 or more partitions in the same way as in step number 6
11. As you can see in the following picture, I just made 2 main partitions. Next, select Drive 0 Partition 2 for the installation location (don’t place it on another partition), then select Next.
12. The installation process is running. This process will take approximately 30 minutes. If later your computer/laptop will restart itself repeatedly, don’t worry because this is part of the installation process on Windows 10.
13. Please enter your Windows 10 product key, then click the Next button. If you don’t have a product key, please select Do this later. You can activate Windows 10 later.
14. Next select Use Express settings.
15. Please enter your computer name and password if necessary (it is better to enter the password so that not just anyone can access your computer/laptop). Fill in a word or sentence that can help you remember the password in the Password hint column.
16. This process does not take much time, just wait a moment until you are brought to the desktop.
17. Done… Windows 10 installation was successful. Here’s what the desktop looks like on Windows 10
That was the article Tutorial How to Install Windows 10, if you follow the tutorial correctly you will successfully install Windows 10. Hopefully, this article is useful for you.